Tuesday 19 August 2014

TRY THIS - Dotty Ditty Rethink...


I found this silk bow tie at The Children's Society charity shop on Pitshanger Lane in Ealing. I cannot resist lovely slashes of silk so men's ties, simple and beautifully made, challenge my sartorial creativity. I want them, but how do I wear them? I could style this in the same manner a man would but frankly a red bow tie under my chin is not a look that suits me. It's too done-up, too stiff, too Bozo the Clown. Instead, onto the silk I'll pin my gorgeous, but unlikely cameo brooch - a piece spotted in an old jewellery shop in Harare Zimbabwe. Then I'll knot the tie at the nape of my neck and allow the ends to hang down my back. A masculine accessory made functionally feminine. Was I potty to buy this dotty ditty? No, it was just £4.59. 
Backdrop for photo, David Hockney poster from book found in Oxfam charity shop. 

No comments: