Saturday 23 August 2014

FOUND - Have Dress, Will Travel


I found this dress at the Oxfam in Ealing a few years ago. It's a Thomas & Jonathan of Canterbury print for Liberty. A classic. I paid more than I'd like and I shelled out further to have it shortened but boy, has this blue beauty been worth it. Here we are - me and my dress - in Paris, and together we've been to Barcelona, West Palm Beach and Penzance. In a week's time we're off to Chicago. A well-made shirt dress with or without cardie is the very definition of effortless style. I've got 8 or 10 shirt dresses of varying lengths and colours, all charity shop gems. They're perfectly packable and ideal for the lingering Indian Summer of the Windy City. Once back in London I'll bid my frock a fond farewell until the sunshine returns next year. The dress was £24.99. The Paul Smith belt bought at Fara in Ealing was £20.
I'll be armed with my Herb Lester city guide to Chicago. 
Find the range of guides at Herb Lester
Always 1st class 2nd-hand shopping tips included.  

2 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I'd love dresses, too, but have yet to find one that could be the sort of companion that your find has been! =) That would be a great style goal, though!

Anmarie said...

Keep looking...I often take 2nd-hand finds to my beloved tailor...a little tweeking can transform a dress from okay to OMG!