Tuesday 9 December 2014

FOUND - A Devine But Guilty Pleasure


Dear Tatty Devine

I found this single swallow at the Scope charity shop across the road from the Highgate tube station in North London. Only one? Aren't these sold in pairs? I've wanted a TD piece for ages, so one will do! Forgive me for taking a flyer on this pre-owned pretty, will you? 

I know your founders Rosie Wolfenden and Harriet Vine were rightfully honoured with MBEs last year. They inspire me skyward when I consider their humble beginnings at Spitalfields and Portabello markets. Chelsea College of Art must be proud as a peacock - it's where the ladies both earned degrees in Fine Arts. 

You make such quirky, outrageous, witty statements via your jewellery. Okay - I feel guilty for bagging this Tatty tweeter for such a knock down price but someone had to give her a good home, right? Look, since I caught this fine feathered friend for just 3 quid (yes, 3!), I vow to ask for a full-priced Tatty Devine for Christmas (CLICK HERE). Oh my, I never buy retail! But Santa does - of course. 

Sincere Apologies
Huntress London

PS - This was my lucky day! Wonder what's waiting to be found in your local charity shop?  

For brooch styling ideas see Huntress London
on Oxfam Fashion's Blog CLICK HERE 

No comments: