Saturday 8 November 2014

BONUS POST - Sassy 70s Take To Stage


My friend Alma Costa is a fellow 2nd-hand hunter, a talented actress and now Huntress London's latest Guest Blogger. Over to you Alma --

I'm currently playing Charlotte in a production of Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard' at the New Wimbledon Studio. This is my third show with PK Productions and artistic director Patrick Kennedy. Patrick likes the out-of-the-ordinary so his approach to Chekhov's classic was bound to have a twist. This Cherry Orchard is located somewhere around London in 1976. As soon as I heard the idea, I got excited about the potential for the costumes AND I couldn't resist an opportunity to guest blog on Huntress London.


Designer Rosie Motion had a blast (from the past) looking around vintage and charity shops, and this is just a taste of what Charlotte ended up looking like. I have to thank Patrick for making the part of the governess fun for me - he gave me free reign to play her as a real 'free spirit' who prances around with her imaginary dog (actually an old teddy bear), splashing about in a paddling pool. The loud costumes reflect her character. Charlotte loves to pattern clash, but then, who doesn't?





Catch The Cherry Orchard's final 2 shows 
TODAY at 2.45 and 7.45, CLICK HERE for TICKETS

No comments: