Wednesday 12 November 2014

FOUND - No Fence Sitting For My Midi


I found this vintage taffeta midi skirt at The Cancer Research charity shop near Ealing Broadway station. Lined and Made in England, this electric blue skirt lit up my 2nd-hand hunting last week. Paired with my old faves - black & gold sculpted wedge heels - along with a white blouse, lots of jewellery and wide black belt, I've got date night with the Mister well in hand.  

I plan to debut my lady-like skirt at our traditional holiday shopping night, followed by dinner for two at Zedel CLICK HERE. After braving the crowds, he'll be happy to tuck into Steak et Frites and I'm dying to try the Crabe Mayonnaise. A few glasses of wine, conversation and Profiteroles with 2 spoons will do us nicely. Zedel is a wonder under Piccadilly Circus, "a grand Parisian brassiere transported to the heart of London." The 1920s, 30s and 40s greet you the moment you descend the wide, film-star staircase. From the classic coat check to the Art Deco cocktail bar, enjoy the side order of glamour, no extra charge. My Pastella skirt is perfect for the occasion and at only £6.99, I can spring for an extra dessert.     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! And taffeta has such a pleasing rustle - you could pair that gorgeous lapis with coral or mustard. Have a lovely evening swishing down the film star staircase at at Zedel ...

Anmarie said...

Thanks doll...I think you and I both love the sound of clothes as much as the sight of 'em!