Tuesday 4 November 2014

TRY THIS - Divide Up The Gem Quarter


I found this metal necklace at the Oxfam just off the Kings Road, London. Its weighty loops pack a graphic punch that really appeals. In my jewellery box there are 4 types of bling, each the stylish finish to my favorite looks. My first trinket type is dubbed simply EXPENSIVE due to its rarity and quality. For me this includes the 10 carat amethyst I bought in Zimbabwe and the Tiffany hoop earrings I gave myself as congratulations on a new job. Next up, SENTIMENTAL treasures. These can be expensive or less so because it's the memories they represent that make them valuable. My mother's class ring CLICK HERE and my wedding ring which belonged to my husband's mother both tick this bling box. The next category is what I call COLLECTIBLE and includes costume knickknacks that have become sought after as well as skillfully hand-made jewellery that's nothing short of art. My small but beloved collection of Lea Stein brooches CLICK HERE typify this category. Finally there's high street ornaments (ideally found in charity shops), those that I reverentially refer to as JUNK JEWELS. These should be irreverent, striking and most importantly cheap. The well-stocked gem box will feature all 4 categories of jewellery. Eye up potential treasures carefully and spend wisely. My loopy junk jewel necklace, just £6. 

Before you head out the door, find an 
Oxfam in the area you're off to - CLICK HERE  

No comments: