Thursday 8 January 2015

FOUND - A Ticket to Cheap Chic


I found this style guide at the Cancer Research charity shop in Kilburn CLICK HERE. I was in the area to see The House That Will Not Stand at The Tricycle Theatre, indeed the most memorable play I saw in 2014. I headed over early, hoping the buzzy high street would reveal some 2nd-hand secrets. Seems the stars were aligned on the day because I bagged a book apropos of the evening. The House That Will Not Stand is set in New Orleans, 1836. Following an era of French colonial rule, Louisiana's "free people of colour" are prospering, but at a price. This remarkable drama, brimming with vibrant and compelling female characters, stormed the stage, and my imagination for days to follow. So it seemed a cherry on my theatrical sundae to find a fashion book with a French connection and female author. I was a bit sniffy about this book when it hit the shelves, feeling I had it up to my oo la la with so-called French fashion supremacy. However, this is a terrific read full of specific and inspirational style advice, as well as small French shop recommendations. The book was £2, less than a tub of ice cream at the interval. 

Eurostar is currently offering £59 
trips to Paris CLICK HERE (book before 14 Jan)  

No comments: