Tuesday 6 January 2015

FOUND - It's Got All the Bells & Whistles


I found this Whistles jumper at the Barnardos charity shop in Chiswick not far from Turnham Green tube station CLICK HERE. There's a Whistles retail shop around the corner from where I found the stripy sparkler, making it all the more satisfying. I'm a fan of Whistles ethos and the feminine utilitarianism of the brand and its founder Jane Shepherdson CLICK HERE. Frankly I like the idea of buying women's clothing from a company headed by a woman. If I could afford Ms Shepherdson's fashions, her shops would be my high street home. Instead I always look out for the Whistles' label - the newer grey & white version, as well as the old school cream & pink one - on charity shop rails. While rewards are rare, as this find proves, Whistles is not unheard of in 2nd-hand shops. At just £5.99, this sweater sounds very good indeed. 


No comments: