Monday 16 February 2015

FOUND - My Style Staple Supreme


I found this denim shirt at the Children's Society charity shop on Pitshanger Lane in Ealing. This one (I have several. Okay 5.) is made by Lee, a company founded by Henry David Lee in 1889 when he opened his first garment factory in Salina, Kansas. Throughout the 1920s Lee unveiled various denim innovations, most notably the zipper fly. In the 30s and 40s the company continued to grow, becoming America's number one manufacturer of work clothing. Even more than denim trousers, denim shirts are a must have for me, working seamlessly in almost any circumstance. Paired with slouchy wool trousers and I'm an urban Land Girl. With a sequinned skirt, the denim shirt transforms evening gear into daytime chic. It multi-tasks as a bathing suit cover-up, making my luggage that much lighter. And under a cashmere or wool jumper, it allows me to layer like a pro. My denim shirt selection includes dark washes, light washes, short sleeve, slim-fit and over-sized. I only hunt for classic denim brands - Levis, Lee and Wrangler. I urge you to get hold of a denim shirt - perfectly worn 2nd-handers are easy to find - and put it to work in your wardrobe. You'll wonder how you've managed without it. My latest "cannot live without" shirt was just £4.99.  
      

No comments: