Tuesday 24 March 2015

FOUND - Nights Turn to Days With PJs


I found this silky pajama top at Fara in Ealing on Bond Street. I'll wear it with jeans and my Stubbs & Wootten embroidered slipper shoes (an Ebay find, maybe my best ever). Night time fashions became a daylight style statement a few seasons back with everyone from Louis Vuitton to Whistles showing jim jams out of bed and on the street. Smoking jackets, beach cover-ups and Oriental-style loungewear are the sign posts along the road to the latest revival of night clothes in broad daylight. It's a return that I welcome. The writer in me appreciates a tailored but slightly louche look - it's not who I am but maybe who I want to be. In 2015 pajama chic is a trend that's waning but its descent actually enables me to welcome it into my wardrobe with added enthusiasm. I'm most comfortable when I'm a little out of step with the latest craze. Behind the times, the bed times in this case. The top, and its rather small bottoms that will be passed on to my sister, were just £3.80.  

                  

No comments: