Saturday 24 May 2014

TRY THIS - Collect It, For Friends' Sake


For years I've collected fat bangles; big plastic, perspex, wood and bakelite bracelets.  Unique examples are easy to find and an effective accessory, 2, 3, 4 at a time.  Several of the high-end big-boys are showing armloads of colourful bangles (guess they've cottoned on to what I've known for yonks). Collecting a fashion bit or bob is a great way to keep your eye focused when on the hunt.  I spot various quality fashion tidbits as my bangle search becomes a kind of shopping stream of consciousness.  Focus (on a bracelet) begets focus (on say, a charity shop dress that inspires a new combination of bracelets).  Most importantly your collected item will become your go-to gift.  If friends and family know that big bangles bring a smile to my face, then giving me one is an easy way to make me happy. Offering people ways to make you happy is just common courtesy.  Silk scarfs, tiny beaded purses, brooches shaped like bugs, lacy socks, black gloves, mini perfume bottles, old postcards of Paris, rock concert t-shirts - anything.  I wonder what you collect?           

No comments: